<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Jump Shout -- Knock Yourself Out


Just an hour after high tea, I joined my pal Christi for another meal, before going to a concert.. I wisely chose Regional Thai Taste, so that I could drink my dinner, getting loaded instead of stuffed. I did have a papaya salad...









Shortly after 8 we arrived at Irving Plaza for an envigorating one-two punch of a melodious, musically adventurous and particpatory evening. Main attraction, of course, was the amazing, adorable, and multi-talented jazz-cum-indie prodigy that is Jamie Cullum (pictured left). Jamie bounced, leaped, and somersaulted back and forth between the piano and center stage with boundless energy. as he riffed and spun unpredictable and exciting extended versions of his wonderful songs. If anyone hasn't heard Jamie, I'd be happy to pour some sugar in your bowl - just let me know. His stage presence is all enthusiasm, humor, and the giddy pleasure of being a 'twentysomething' pleasing the world by following his muse. At one point, a concertgoer fainted (not because of Jamie) and had to be carried out. I was relieved she was OK, and happy she hadn't thrown up. Warming up was David Ryan Harris, an African-American indie veteran that struck chords with his songs of relationships, happy and failed, past and present.

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?