<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

More Fun Than
A Barrel of Hemmingways...


Quote du Jour: "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked me for my autograph." - Shirley Temple

Color me underslept.... but happy, in the glow of a great vacation... Great company and scenery, and the space and distance to reflect on my life... But I also tried really hard to be in the moment as we hiked through the bright colors and bizarre shapes of Bryce Canyon and Zion... Having ridden two elephants and a camel in my various travels, I rode horseback for the first time down the steep slopes of Bryce. It was fun, but I just couldn't bring myself to kick the horse to make it go... to the annoyance of those behind me. : - ) Pictured left is Key West's annual Hemmingway lookalike contest. For some reason, Hemmingway reminds me of my late bear of a father...


Music-Related Cartoons:


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?