<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

Gone Fishin'


See You Sunday August 15th! Vacation, all I ever wanted... I'm off to Las Vegas, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Death Valley, Yosemite, and points west... I'm taking a nine-day break from the computer screen, this blog, and even e-mail... I will have my cel phone though, 917 817 4363, the voice of a friend is always a welcome sound




I recommend these three sites for daily humor and moarle boost in my absence:
1. Overheard In New York, by Morgan Friedman, is a reliable daily giggle or guffaw and proves that real life is more entertaining than fiction...
2. My pal Thomas Hobbs posts great photos almost daily with brief notes in his inimitable subtly droll and playful style.
3. New Yorkers should hit Gothamist every day for a thirtysomething-citizen's-eye-view of goings-on in our fabulous city...

Quotes du Jour for the road:
1. "Get involved. The world is run by those who show up" - bumper sticker
2. "90% of brilliance is just showing up..." - Woody Allen


and one last cartoon:



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?