<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Beauty In The Eye


Your own face, on the silver screen.... I felt that way, at times, watching "Garden State," the utterly fresh and original film debut of writer/director/lead actor Zach Braff. Unusually, I entered that theater with zero information, except that it's gotten good reviews. I was blown away - just see it. As icing on the cake, Zach Braff has a very Aaron-at-25 kind of look: thick lips, prominent semitic nose, and puppy-dog eyes - it looked attractive, and I was attracted, in a very self-affirming kind of way. I didn't even recognize Natalie Portman, I just thought she was one of the amazing unknown actors Braff assembled for this project. Bonus Points: Braff balked at filming it in Toronto instead of Jersey to save money, which his studio was pushing him to do....



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?