<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Whirr. Whirr. Time does fly! Denis arrives tonight! Susan Sontag's gonna get me... Yesterday as I crunched numbers I pondered the implications of photographing strangers. I had been taking increasing pleasure in catpuring all the spontaneous oddity I encounter every day in digital photos and posting them here. But am I also violating these people, stealing their images to make fun of them on my blog? "To photograph people," Sontag said, "is to violate them...It turns people into objects that can be symbolically possessed." I'm not sure how I feel about this issue, I'm still digesting.


Quote of the Day:
"As a rule, I am very careful to be shallow and conventional where depth and originality are wasted." - Lucy Maud Montgomery, writer



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?