<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Through Sangria-Colored Glasses..


Sangria flowed liberally through my veins and arteries last night, during dinner with Pat Stumpp at the colorful El Quijote restaurant, niched in the landmark Chelsea Hotel (picture left) on 23rd St. I gave my digital camera a nice workout, snapping away at colors, angles, and drunk smiles (see me, below.) Blowing off steam on a summer night? Releasing the stress I've felt since returning from Iceland? Post-sickness-revelry? Existential trauma? : - ) Solo Dios sabe... As my sangria level rose, I began snapping wallpaper (see below), waiters, other guests, and, while walking home, an argument between two motorists at a red light. Pat heard one passerby surmise that I was "gathering evidence" for something. : - ) Thomas' friend has this great page with dialogue by random New Yorkers overhead in the streets (much the same as Stan Mack's Real Life Funnies in the Village Voice circa 1985....)

I have Friday off in honor of Reagan! This means I can go to Fire Island early, where I've been invited by my ex-competitor and 2002 beach house host Chris Taylor. I'm sure Reagan will be happy somewhere up there to know that I'm enjoying an extra sunny day at Fire Island Pines because of him. : - )




this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?