<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

RubberNecker


This morning a taxi crashed and burned near my corner, as I left for work it was spewing black smoke before an army of firemen. There were no crash victims in sight, and no ambulances. Yes, I rubbernecked and thoroughly photographed the scene, from a discreet distance. But my motivations were certainly not sensationalistic or tacky - photography is about capturing life. There are many views on this, and my views are always evolving. Here's an ad for disaster stock photograhy

Dinner with Jon at Japonica was a great two-hour conversation on a banquet of interesting topics. The sushi was exquisite and expensive. Actress Clare Danes was dining two tables away. Noticing the horrified look on poor Jon's face as I reached for my camera, I agreed it wouldn't be considerate to take her picture...

from Wordspy:
meatloaf (MEET.lohf) n. "Homemade Spam" - Forwarded messages, jokes, lists, and other unsolicited noncommercial email messages sent by an individual to a large number of people.
door dwell noun. The amount of time it takes for the door to close after having boarded an elevator.
learning a living present participle. Working in a job that requires the constant learning of new knowledge and skills. (From Marshall McLuhan: "In the age of electricity and automation, the globe becomes a community of continuous learning, a single campus in which everybody irrespective of age, is involved in learning a living.")



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?