<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Breathing Air


"England and America are two countries divided by a common language." - George Bernard Shaw

Before the breathing air is gone... Before the sun, is just a bright spot in the nightime... So sang Three Dog Night in 1970 as I clung to my transistor radio on a noisy, sweat-drenched summer camp bus. Iceland has some of the world's cleanest air and water, since there is basically no heavy industry. They live mostly from tourism and fishing, and their electric power is hydro, from the melting glaciers that are 25% of its surface area. Here I am in the brisk 50F air stretching my limbs after a long jeep ride over volcanic gravel roads. Wearing my burgundy shirt, a current fave. Have I babbled enough? I should go do some research : - ) This weekend I'm off to funky Fire Island, invited by my former competitor and former host Chris. Tonight, a rare Hollywood movie outing, I'm seeing Troy with Christi, front row so as best to appreciate the parade of Greek and Trojan flesh...

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - George Bernard Shaw
Here's some unauthorized humor : - )


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?