<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Paella Party



Last night I (over)dined at El Quijote, the 75-year-old Spanish restaurant nestled in the equally historic Hotel Chelsea half a block east of my apartment. Joining me were my friend Pat Stumpp and her charming guest, Mariana, who hails from Arequipa, Peru, and happens to work (indirectly) for Bavaria, the beer company I am currently analyzing. Oversized portions are the rule at Quijote, and in an hour I consumed a 3-day caloric allowance, mostly via multiple helpings of Paella Valenciana. And I only ate about 1/3 of what I was served, too. If I had taken home the remains (which Quijote encourages), I would have been eating Paella for days, not a good strategy as bathing suit weather approaches... : - ) Sangria further animated our already lively evening. More about the Venezuelan luncheon later, plenty worth commenting there...


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?