<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 12, 2004

"T'was a woman that drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her..." - W.C. Fields
"When choosing between two evils I always like to take the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

The Ripley You Didn’t See..
…But Still Can


I always thought only bad movies went ‘straight-to-video/DVD.’ Not so. Patricia Highsmith’s "Ripley’s Game," made into a film starring John Maklovich, is reportedly excellent, complex, and chilling. However, the studio shelved it as ‘hard to market,’ as opposed to, say, Scooby Doo 2. : - ) Anyway, Netflix has it, and I hope to see it within a week or two. I’ll give you a full report. For your pleasure, here are some pictures of the author...

Also newly rentable, and near the top of my Netflix queue, is the critically acclaimed “House of Sand and Fog,” which Brian saw last week and was blown away by.



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?