<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Star Guitar


When Johnny Comes Skipping Home… Skip the $120 show and rent the movie for $3. I am refering to the subversive 1954 camp classic known as "Johnny Guitar," which has been somehow made into a 'family entertainment' musical for Broadway. The film’s fantastic - it’s a very stylized, Freudian Western with a gay sensibility, i.e. the women are gunslingers and the men are the sex objects!. Nicholas Ray directs and Joan Crawford and Mercedes McCambridge sling the guns….


"A word to the wise is infuriating..." - Hunter Thompson

Recommendations, Please? This is for everyone: Have you seen any films, plays, or TV that I should check out? Heard any interesting music? Books or articles I should read? Art I should see? Tell me about it, E-mail me by clicking here! Thanks!

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?