<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

From real history exams: : - )
"Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100-foot clipper."
"Queen Victoria was the longest queen. She sat on a thorn for 63 years."
"Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony."


"I asked the barmaid for a quickie. The man next to me said, 'It's pronounced quiche' " - - Luigi Amaduzzi (on occassional perils of speaking a foreign language)

The World Is My Practice Area


For $404 I can go to Iceland for an extended Memorial Day weekend, round trip... Why would I want to do this, you ask? : - ) For starters, I need practice driving a stick shift, and Iceland is relatively unpopulated, and hence, easier safer. It's Europe's equivalent of driving in North Dakota. My goal is to be able to explore Europe and South America by car, and stick-shifting is a necessary skill. I can take lessons here on a stick shift, but it's impossible to rent one and practice. Anyway, Iceland also offers spectacular scenery and has strange geothermal features (geysers, hot springs, mudpots), similar to our Yellowstone. I'll have to mull this one over.

Is anybody out there? If you are reading this, let me know: Email me by clicking here. Thanks - Aaron


this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?