<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

All Aaron's Acres...


Ever wonder how big an acre really is? I don't think you get a good sense just by saying that 1 acre is 43,560 square feet. You get a better sense by saying it's 58 times as big as my apartment, which is 750 square feet. That's right, 58 of Aaron's apartment. Next, there are 640 acres to 1 square mile. Manhattan's area is 23 square miles, or 14,720 acres. So next time some mentions 1,000 acres, just think "A slice of Manhattan from 30th street to 50th street" to give yourself an idea. I hope y'all found this interesting. Can you calculate how many copies of your home would fit into an acre? Send this to me, showing the calculation, and I will send you a present whose dollar value is at least the same number as 2% the area of my apartment in square feet. This is awfully creative of me, as I face down 12 hours of work with a congested throat... Later, y'all...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?