<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 30, 2004

Ali Baba's Jaipur Address...


Happy Friday! I slept 11 hours last night, to ward off a looming flu/bug - it seems to have helped a great deal. Sunday I leave for Venezuela/Colombia and I have to be in tip-top shape. This weekend I will lay low and read all about the petroleum and beer industries. Here are some pictures of the Palace of the Winds in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, which I visited in August 2001. There are many palaces in Rajasthan, it's a patchwork of fairy-tale Ali Baba sultanates and shiekdoms along the eastern border of Pakistan. (Bin Laden is supposedly hiding on Pakistan's western border with Afghanistan). My friend Biz from Vassar married a Pakistan and lives in Karachi by the sea, Pakistan's southern border, if you will. It's a far cry from the Rye, New York of her childhood. Biz is short for Elizabeth. Later, dawgs.



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?