<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Brasilia Bound!


I’m rewarding myself for this work crunch with a day trip to Brasilia, the retro-futuristic urban conundrum that replaced Rio de Janeiro as Brazil’s capital in 1960. I’ve never been there before, and it’s an hour’s flight from my base in Sao Paulo. I will be writing you from Brazil, but since I won’t have time for many pictures and links, I thought I’d treat you to a brief pictorial Brasilia visit below. Check out as well Thomas' excellent Brasilia fotos from his old site.

Congress:

Cathedral and Government Buildings:

Inside of Cathedral:

Brasilia Postcard:

Statue of Brasilia’s founder, former President Juscelino Kubitschek (pronounced Kubi-checkie) : - )

Their White House – The Palacio do Planalto:

And by night, again, The Palacio do Planalto:

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?