<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Where It's Safe..




Just when it's lovely here and I want to stay.. I'm leavin on a midnight jet plane to London (that's 3 sixties songs in there). 11 1/4 beautiful hours of sunlight, 55F delicious degrees. I should be able to post from London daily if there's a PC in range. I'm back very late Tuesday (11pm NYT, 4am London time). As you can see, I visited a few galleries today. I felt a lot of 60s and 70s undertones - op art, collages - that pleased me. Even if you're in Phoenix, Paris, or Buenos Aires, you can stroll through Chelsea galleries on-line by clicking here.


Urban Myth Confirmed! NYT article confirms that the 'walk' buttons on street corners were disactivated years ago and do absolutely nothing, but would cost $1 million to remove. Placebo buttons. Meanwhile, 10,000 miles away in Thailand, the crazy prime minister is imposing a midnight curfew, which should put a damper on partying tourists and locals. Many Thai 'night workers' are protesting to keep it at 2am - better for business...

Love hurts... when 60% of the country wants to exclude you, personally, from legal marriage and the rights thereto. I expected this from the religious right, but with 60%, it's obviously coming from the center, too. Meaning that my office, neighborhood, and subway are full of people that will let me live, but not get married..... Oh, well...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?