<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Punta Penelope



Will a Zippie from Bangalore have my Job? I'd better work real hard. As Thomas Freedman notes in today's New York Times, India is crawling with bright youngsters willing to work via modem, on NY time, for much less money. Freedman thinks this is a good thing, I'm ambivalent. There's got to be a way to develop poor countries without decimating our middle class.



Penelope Glamour heading Eastward... My friend Celia Elman from Buenos Aires leaves tomorrow for four relaxing days in Uruguay's Punta del Este (pictures right and below). This happy place is where Rio de la Plata (almost a gulf) meets the Atlantic, and Punta's two faces are calm beach and wild surf. More from Celia later.



My Aunt Eleanor, who lives in Tel Aviv, called today. She'd love it if I'd visit her there. Dare I? Just kidding, Mom : - )


Ketching Up with Teresa Heinz Kerry This would be the most delightfully quirky first lady ever. Born in Mozambique to European parents, this half-Portuguese dynamo speaks her mind - the opposite of scripted and pre-fab, she lets it all hang out. Right on, Maude!

Made dinner yesterday for my friends Bart and Will and their boyfriends Ashley and Patrick. Very good time. Had dinner with Pat Stumpp on Friday at Rossini's, also really lovely.



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?