<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Marching To Astoria





What an interesting day! This afternoon I lunched in Astoria with my friend Kevin Foley, who owns and manages commercial real estate there. Kevin showed me the area and showed me pictures of how it looked in the 20s and 30s, including a now-vanished park and a 7 train that ran through fields! (For you non-NYers, Astoria is in NW Queens, about 1 mile east of the East River, same latitude as the Met Museum)







Much later, my friend Thomas Hobbs visited and we talked music and photography over Thai food, wine, and diet vanilla cola. Thomas, who has a great photo weblog, travelled most of Latin America by backpack, and, like me, lived in Argentina a year or so.


Mierda! I've got to get to bed. My maid Invisibeth is tossing me out at 11am tomorrow morning to clean this place!



this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?