<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Don't Blame Celso! (RIP)



I was sad to hear that the doctor who delivered me, Celso-Ramon GarcĂ­a, passed away Sunday in Boston, my birthplace (click for obituary). Dr Garcia was among the developers of the birth control pill (beginning in the 1950s, and certainly NOT inspired by delivering ME : - ). Much later, he wrote and published the lovely "Menopause: A Guide For Women And Those Who Love Them." Farewell, Dr. Garcia. See, I never forget a favor....

Titanium Hip... This just in from Brian's mom: "Hi! I came home from rehabilitation last night with a lot of interesting equipment that allows me to function quite well without making the motions that could pop out my new titanium hip before it is all healed. I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing very well and am happy. Love, Jean." This brave lady beat cancer three times, was an abstract painter, and many years ago was on the (large) team that invented the computer...

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?