<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 13, 2008

State Street Serenade


Hey there, I'm still slightly sick and headed to Mexico tomorrow night for a two-day, wham-bang business trip of marathon meetings. So I've spend my weekend resting up as best as my kinetic soul will permit... It was 74F and sunny yesterday, from coat & sweater to short sleeves in 48 hours.... and back.... It's 51F but still partly sunny... I'm about to meet my personal trainer for the first of five 'refresher' sessions.'

I took these pictures two weeks back while visiting Fitch, the credit rating agency, on One State Street Plaza down by Battery Park..
Their 26th floor conference room had a terrific view of the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, and, behind it in orange splendor, the Ferry itself....
DSC03189

The building's architects seemed to be aiming for monumental spaces and a faint hint of art deco, but with thoroughly contemporary materials and motifs..
DSC03195DSC03196

Frosted glass conference rooms with shiny metal handles...
DSC03192

Cartoon du Jour:


Engrish du Jour:

this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?