<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Cat Haiku Hilarity


The cat haikus below made me laugh so hard! ROFL! They're not mine, they're from strangeplaces.net
But first, two photos from Friday night's St Vincent concert... I went with David, Alex, their friend Melissa, and two Jasons... St Vincent aka Annie Clark was spectacular - to hear her music, go back to the most recent Tuesday Song of the Week post...

What a confident, intelligent stage presence.. wry, understated faux-naif humor that caused much laughter when she monologued in mid-set..
IMG_6346

This Texas transplant's voice has great clarity and occasionally slips into Billie Holiday honey and lemon drawl, served up with melodies and structures that are three parts progressive indie rock and one part Bossa Nova.... She composes for a wide array of instruments - here she is with some multi-instrumental 'stragglers' she claims to have found on the street
IMG_6368

Warm-up act Foreign Born were surprisingly great! Melodic, diverse, clean, and clear....
IMG_6311

On to our poetic, feline main attraction...

You never feed me.

Perhaps I’ll sleep on your face.

That will sure show you.


You must scratch me there!
Yes, above my tail!

Behold, elevator butt.


The rule for today:

Touch my tail, I shred your hand.

New rule tomorrow.


In deep sleep hear sound

cat vomit hairball somewhere
will find in morning.

Grace personified.
I leap into the window.
I meant to do that.

Blur of motion, then –

silence, me, a paper bag.
What is so funny?




You’re always typing.

Well, let’s see you ignore my
sitting on your hands.

Terrible battle.
I fought for hours. Come and see!
What’s a ‘term paper?’


Wanna go outside.

Oh, poop! Help! I got outside!
Let me back inside!



Cartoons du Jour:




this entry's permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?